Lax-a has Musk ox hunting operation in Kangerlussuaq area on the West coast of Greenland. Available dates for 2020 are as follows:
Hunting periods 2020:
- C2: 3/4. – 7. July – 3 openings
- C3: 6/7. – 10. July – Open
- C4: 10. – 14. July – Open
- C5: 13/14. – 17. July – Open
- C6: 17. – 21. July – Open
- C7: 20/21. – 24. July – Open
Arrival in Kangerlussuaq, Hunt C4 and C6 you fly to camp on the arrival day. Hunt C1, C2, C4, C5, C6 and C7 you will spend one night in Hotel Kangerlussuaq and fly to camp early the next morning.
In camp you will have the information meeting and also be able to make test shots of the rifle if needed. The hunt start out the same day. In summer; the hunt is by foot, but there will also be some transportation by rubber boat on the lakes. Often we spot the musk oxen from the small boat. Mathias and his guides are raised within the Greenlandic culture, and they know everything about the behaviour of the animals.
Greenland has a big stock of musk oxen. In the Kangerlussuaq area there are about 4-5000 animals living in an area which is unfenced. Vegetation and food supplies in general are excellent in this area. Which means that the musk ox here grow to a size approx. 15% bigger than other places in Greenland.
The following is included in the price:
- 3-4 nights in camp. Group size 4 – 6 hunters.
- One night in Hotel Kangerlussuaq before the hunt in double rooms (if 2 dates are mentioned as arrival date).
- All transport in Greenland incl. Helicopter/boat.
- Food supplies/emergency equipment in camp for the whole trip.
- All necessary licenses and the trophy fee for 1 musk ox per. person. Trophy irrespective of size
- Field trophy preparation and packing
- Export documents for the trophy
The following is not included in the price:
- The hunting act for a extra musk ox or a reindeer (price. € 1.200) licenses are available. Deposit by booking.
- Transport of the trophy out of Greenland
- Tips or payments not mentioned in the above list, especially before and after the hunt
- Personal belongings such as sleeping bag/duvet and pillow etc.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Meals in Kangerlussuaq (except breakfast)
- Expenses for the import of the trophy into the EU
- Everything not mentioned in the ‘included the price’ part.
For further information please contact email@example.com